In today’s digital market, everyone is trying to make an impact in some way or another. The good news is, there’s enough success to go around! So while it may seem on the surface like a cut-throat competition, as long as you stay true to yourself, your brand, and what you stand for, there’s no reason why you can’t hit the success jackpot.
But while we’re on the topic of everyone trying to make an impact, it’s safe to say that there’s a lot of copying going on our there as well. Your mom might have told you when you were a kid that “copying is a form of flattery.” And while that may be true, it’s also true that those who do the same things as everyone else never stand a chance of standing out. Keep that in mind.
If you really, really want to make an impact, you’ve got to do what no one else is doing. OR, if you ARE going to do what everyone else is doing, you’ve got to do it 10x better than anyone has ever done it before. Here’s what I suggest:
- Solve a problem. If you want to really make an impact, the best and easiest way to do this is to solve a problem. When you solve a problem and/or make people’s lives easier, they come back wanting more. Solve a problem and you’ll never struggle to find people.
- Give truly great advice. Lots of people give advice, but that’s because nearly everyone needs advice of some sort. Especially if you find yourself in a niche market, giving advice is a quick way to set yourself apart as an expert and gain the trust of those who need the help that you are offering.
- Put yourself out there. We live in a day where in order to be discovered you really have to put yourself out there. No longer does it work to just be humble, modest, and hope that people eventually notice and come to you. You’ve got to shout from the rooftops and be in their faces. Don’t worry, it’ll all pay off.
- Be different. If you find yourself within an already saturated market, this one is going to be more difficult. It’s important to remember though that there’s a market for nearly everything. If you can do even one thing differently and better than those around you, you will find yourself one step ahead of the game.
- Create stellar images. Along with the development and advancement of the internet, we are a very very very very visual society. If you can create visuals that are catchy, worth sharing, and captivating, you’ll find that this is one of your most valuable tools. Try things out. Figure out what does and doesn’t work for you.
Setting yourself apart times time. Understand that any effort that you put into it will ultimately come back to you in time. Don’t be afraid. Put forth all the effort you’ve got. And take the world by storm.